WTB 3wt outfit

phiendWMD

phiendWMD

So I've neglected fly fishing this summer. I've been on the Lehigh something like 5 days a week since June and can't fish while I'm there. It's sort of like torture. But that season is quickly winding down and it's time to get back in the water instead of on it.

I've been using a 7.5' glass 5wt to fish small streams. I guess it works well enough but I'd like something shorter and lighter. Somewhere between 6' to 6.5'. Slow to medium action, I mostly fish dries in creeks that are less than 15' wide.

Ideally I'd like to get a rod, reel, and line for somewhere around $150. Less would be great, a little more is possible for the right outfit.

Thanks!

Phiend-
Check out Shu Fly rods website below for everything you need (they have rods, reels and line). You can get very close to the $150 budget there. For the type of fishing you are looking to do- I think this would be ideal. Btw..I own a 8' 4wt fly rod of theirs and it has become my favorite over much more expensive rods I own.

http://shu-fly.com/Trout_Panfish_Fly.html

I have the 8' 3wt shu fly rod. I got the combo rod reel and line at the outdoor show for $100. The reel and line are decent at best, but for small streams they are fine. The rod is actually a very nice casting rod, and I am impressed at how tlit performs especially for the price.

Have a Sage ESN 10' 2 wt combo with New Reel and a T&T 3 wt combo if interested

Check your messages.

Back