wooley buggers

troutmagnet

troutmagnet

i used to have 2 wooly buggers made like this......just estaz for the bodies and no hackle. Is it ok if i tied wooly buggers like this? Will they still work.

Attachments

• fg04_round.jpg
    fg04_round.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 9
did the old ones work?

if yes->you're allowed to make more.
if no->why bother asking?

you can do whatever you want. its lashing crap to a hook, do it 'til you're able to sit back, look at the lump of nonsense in the vise and say, "that'll do, pig; that'll do." then go fish.

+1 ^

yes-used many like that in Montana-excellent night fly as you don't need to strip it in and examine the hook every other cast~PIA when using shooting heads.I would say in 2s, 4s and 6s that is as good a streamer as you will find when you are after bottom hugging large trout in 3 feet or deeper water.
Not a great stripper pattern but that's usually smaller fish any way as the bigguns don't expend more energy than needed to survive.
Black or olive,solid color fine but work plenty of flashabou in the tail.
Others will have their own opinion.that's fishing.:}

Troutmagnet,
great job, this is a beaded version of Will Ryan's "Sparkle Grub" used for smallies will also entice trout too.Hackles are not necessary for this adaptation of the wooly bugger.
i like it great job.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

That body material [use] to come in several lengths-use the long one for bigger flies.

Estaz regular
Estaz petite smallest
Estaz Grande..largest

ok thanks i will try it.

And I didn't tie this fly....well not yet but the pic is off line, thanks for helping.

Back