Won a Tenkara @Somerset!

L

lestrout

I was hanging around the TenkaraUSA booth when they ran a lottery for a nice Iwana kit, complete with a near carrying bag and goodies to put the stick to work. I have a feeling this is going to be a great year, at least pour moi.

Congrats!!!!!

Awesome.

Les I didn't know you were into cane pole fishin'!

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Les I didn't know you were into cane pole fishin'!

If I remember right, Les has a few "cane poles". :)

Congrats Les!!!!!!

You ever get that Tenkara rod that I gave you fixed up?

Just what you need Les.......another flyrod ! At least you won't feel the need to get a new reel to complete the set -up !!

Congrats...glad it went to someone i know and who belongs to the I Don't Need Another Rod Club:)

Congrats Les,
Did you also pick up that other "STICK" you were test casting?
Good seeing you at the show.
Bring the new goodies to Denton Hill.

Yo to my Public - thanks for all your thoughts.

Yep, pcray - John from TenkaraUSA set me up with a new top - actually it may have been several sections, since the repair kit doesn't have just the 1 section. And the 1st time I used your/my Tenkara was on Ridley, and I caught several dozen trouts in just a coupla hours. I have used it several other times, and have learned the hard way to fight bigger trouts different than what I do with a reeled setup.

Moo - good seeing you too. That stick I was waving has entranced me, but since it costs as much as the first several cars I bought, I need to think a bit about it. Plus I have 2 wood sticks being built and dunno when they will be done (and then have to be paid for). But there is a blank spot in my Excel graph that needs filling, and it is just the right size - lol.

The Iwana is a great rod from an awesome company. Enjoy!

Sweet! Talked to Daniel a while at Somerset. Good guys! They have some pretty sweet gear!

Back