Woman catches 30 lb RT in NZ.

FarmerDave

FarmerDave

Those canals are pretty well known for producing some enormous trout. I'm pretty sure the trout are fed with pellets? Or is that another canal I think? One day I'll fish there...

Those canals are pretty well known for producing some enormous trout. I'm pretty sure the trout are fed with pellets? Or is that another canal I think? One day I'll fish there...
The article linked in the OP says the same canals are used to farm salmon and lots of pellets get out of the farm pens.

The article linked in the OP says the same canals are used to farm salmon and lots of pellets get out of the farm pens.
Yep. Both articles say this.

Yes, although by accident. There's a salmon farm on the canal, and the trout below it get fat on the food that spills over. Fish over 20 lbs are common.

Colorado has those dam release(I think that there are four of them) fisheries like the Frying Pan River where trout get big feasting on dam released Mysis Shrimp.

That rainbow looks completely unnatural, as you would expect if it gorged on food pellets 24x7x365. However, I wouldn't care one bit about appearance if I had hooked and landed it.

Some truly amazing fish come out of those canals. The whole country is amazing.GG

Back