wire body nymphs

franklin

franklin

Some wire body nymphs I've been experimenting with. Having a large variety of wire at work I decided to play with some samples.

Attachments

• small a.jpg
    small a.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 15
  • small b.jpg
    small b.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 5
  • small c.jpg
    small c.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 4
  • small d.jpg
    small d.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 6
They look good franklin
Tie some in bigger sizes for euro nymphing

I like those as well - especially the first two.

It's funny, I was just playing around with some wire bodied flies as well. This one is coated with UV knot sense - should sink pretty quick.

Attachments

• brassass.jpg
    brassass.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 5
The green/red patterns are tied with bi-filar wire we use to build RF transformers. The two wires are bonded together which helps in tying. The down side is it is very stiff. I don't even bother to tie in the wire. Just wrap it on. I have a few others that I lacquered after wrapping. I think we have olive and blue wire as well. Have to hit the stock room when I'm back in on Monday.

I like the UV Knot Sense but it has a very short storage life. After about six months it doesn't harden completely and stays tacky, picking up dirt. I'm also leery of ordering it in winter since it shouldn't be frozen. I'm out right now and probably have to wait to the VF show to pick some up.

Henry, did you get a sample at the last tying night?

I was hoping to see a creative Czech Nymph using the wire from the House of Henry.

henry has to wait till lou ties one....LOL

Back