Winter fly fishing

P

paflyfisherman

Please clearify....Is trout fishing permitted (catch & release) in stocked streams year round until March 1st??

Technically you are still in the Extended Season so fishing AND harvest is permitted in Stocked Trout Waters until March 1.

The creel limit is reduced during the Extended Season so you can only keep three legal sized fish versus five during the Regular Trout Season.

Non stocked waters are also open but with NO harvest of trout permitted until Opening Day.

All of this is in the Summary Booklet and on the PFBC website.

stocked streams go out sunday the 19th of this month then reopen april 1st i believe

I stand corrected and you are indeed correct, the Closed Period begins about a week earlier on February 19, 2023 and ends on Opening Day April 1, 2023.

How do I know this Closed Period date will change going forward... ;)

I stand corrected and you are indeed correct, the Closed Period begins about a week earlier on February 19, 2023 and ends on Opening Day April 1, 2023.

How do I know this Closed Period date will change going forward... ;)
The closed season for fishing STOCKED Trout Waters (STW) begins on February 20th thru April 1st at 8:00am.

Non-stocked trout streams are open for C&R fishing only and are not closed to fishing.

Check the list of stocked trout waters (STW's) in your 2023 Fishing Summary Book >

If in doubt, contact the PFBC.

Last edited:
I stand corrected again...!!

How do I know this Closed Period date will change going forward...

Back