Wild bow?

Jessed

Jessed

I caught this rainbow trout at a local Brookie stream pretty deep in the woods in a deep hole. Do you think he was wild? I've herd of people catching bows in there before

Pretty big fish for the water size

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/jessedavis47/A53A9003-5C37-44FC-987E-62A02B6142C8_zpsvahyeolx.jpg

Rainbows can be tough to tell sometimes but that one does not look wild to me. If you have a better shot of the fins that would help

Lightning golden yinzer tournament gemmie #Winner JK just being a smart @ss or FD

Jessed,
Stocked trout such as this guy can turn up fairly frequently in places where one wouldn't expect to find them. They can really get around, especially rainbows. I've caught big stockie 'bows way up in wild brookie streams far from any areas that are stocked. It's not unusual. He'd make a good dinner.

I've caught bows in brookie headwater streams way above where they were stocked. And please don't squeeze fish like that.

Yeah, that is a stocked bow that might have its organs crushed. If the fish was flopping around too much for a picture then maybe a picture just wasn't in the cards. If you wanted to keep the fish then the Vulcan death grip is fine.

That is a stocked rainbow.

If it's too good to be true.....

I once caught a stocked brook trout that swam at least 5 miles upriver to wind up where he did. He was a real soldier. Respect.

Dave ! Thanks I did eat him. And yeah! I only gave him the death grip because I was keeping him.

Back