Why cant Comcast have WFN in their lineup???

echuck66

echuck66

I live in Pittsburgh, and ever since switching from Verizon FIOS to Comcast, I have regretted the switch because of Comcast not having World Fishing Network in their lineup.

Please, if you live in the Pittsburgh area, call or write to Comcast and tell them you want WFN in their lineup (whether you actually buy the package or not). There's just not enough fishing content on the other channels, and when they do have fishing content, 9 times out of 10, it's NOT fly fishing related.

I agree. I have called, emailed, threatened to go to DISH, with Comcast blinking.

I have a place on a Chautauqua Lake with DISH and I love WFN.

Comcast has told me there is not enough interest in the Pittsburgh area, but they offer it in the Philly area.

It has to be a price negotiation issue as there are so many networks on Comcast that offer worthless programming.

Please call Comcast as WFN offers great and varied fishing programs well worth it for any fishing fanatic.

I have comcast and get WFN but I have to pay for the sports package. Double check and see if you can get it that way.
But I don't live near you so maybe its regional.

It's definitely regional. I've called numerous times, emailed them, etc. I even got a call from their corporate office saying they were registering my request.

With FIOS, we had to pay extra for a sports package to get it. I'm perfectly willing to pay for it if were only offered. It is a shame though that they only offer it if you take 40 other sports channels with it that I never watch. Oh how I wish they had an ale cart system.

Same situation as Jeff. I live in Philly and I get it as part of the Sports package. The Sportsman and Outdoor channels do have some fly fishing shows. Any fishing show helped me keep my sanity this past winter, along with tying flies. Good to be able to go out and do some fishing.

I have FIOS. All of a sudden my fishing shows on the DVR were blank. I had to reup for free. They said it was in my package but for some reason I had to re enable it. Strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUwMNsFzwxs

There are much better videos you can find free online vs. the ones in WFM, Sportsmans Channel, etc. Just get Google Chromecast. The only TV fly fishing show I enjoy is the Orvis one.

Back