White Thin Foam Packing Material

salmo

salmo

I have several large sheets of a white foam packing material. It’s very thin (you can almost see through it). Possibly.8 mm. It’s perhaps the thickness of heavy craft paper. It’s quite soft and flexible, but retains it’s shape. I have used it as wing material on small spinners and down wing flies. I have also used it on larger flies for visibility. Has anyone else used this material for fly tying? Thanks to Amazon I have lots of it.

Thats great material ... and you can color it with a waterproof marking pen for all types of uses. i found a video ... the featherbender.com or " tying a extended body mayfly with barry ord" ... that is a excellent video on how to tie a foam extended body mayfly that this material is perfect for. i went to hobby lobby and found a #16 needlepoint needle .... with a flat end that fits right into my vise. its a complicated tie ... but it really works.

Now ... can you and i put our heads together and figure out a use for those little inflatable bags Bezos puts in all our Prime packages .... hey wait a minute ... are we talking extra large strike indicators?? Yea Baby!!

Enjoy!!

Back