White river waders

F

flyfishinx2

After absolutely hating my first pair of White river waders that only lasted one season for some stupid reason I took the plunge and plunked down $150 for a second pair. They are leaking after only using them for two days, I'm gonna try to return them today and will raise hell if they don't give me a refund. Steer clear of this cheap chinese junk , I'll never buy anything made by them again and will let ya'll know what happens on my refund attempt

no prob getting my money back so now i'm waderless again

Try Orvis's Endura waders. I believe they're the entry level stocking foot.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=0G2L&dir_id=758&group_id=777&cat_id=5593&subcat_id=7310

Bought a pair of simms freestone today, I've had good success with Simon's in the past

flyfishinx2 wrote:
Bought a pair of simms freestone today, I've had good success with Simon's in the past

Wore holes in both legs after a handful of trips. My friend did the same. The guy at simms seemed embarrassed to say that it's common with the freestones when I called to organize a replacement. I was shocked.

They are not manufactured by simms in the US, and they are not gore tex. The g3s that I upgraded to are, just like my last pair, which is still hanging on after years of use.

You've been warned. :)

yea ive been having problems with the white rivers as well they have not been leaking but around the ankle there seems to be a spot where they take on water. So when you get out the water you have 5 pound water weight feet. Until it leaks out

I've never owned any Bass Pro waders. I just think it is interesting that with a commodity like these things where a handful (maybe 3 or so) of manufacturers in China, Sri Lanka or some such place probably make pretty much all of the waders in a given price range for everybody who chooses to compete at this price level, that the White River brand would be so reliably dismal a performer.

Because this seems to be the case.

One bright spot though is that as bad as their waders may uniformly be, they're still a dozen times better than their branded fly tying hooks. So, feeble consolation as it may be its something...:)

flyfishinx2 wrote:

I have these and like them. You'll enjoy them. On a side note, I have a pair of Bass Pro Waist high waders. Lasted two trips before they started leaking...

My waist high White Rivers are the sh!t. I have prolly used them well over 60-70 times since i got them maybe 2 months ago. If someone can break something its me, and these waders seem to be holding very well up so far, for the large amount of time i spend on the water.

I'd had the same issue with the "5 pound weight" on the white river waders. Those waders are absolute garbage.

Iam trying to destroy my waist high White Rivers to get a pair of redington waist highs, but the damn things won't break down. Iam on the water 5-6 times a week. I have the "5 pound weight" issue but they are wearing like iron. Maybe I just got a good pair.

I've never had their waders. But my first rod was a white river brand, and I loved it, at least till I broke it. It truly was a good rod.

X2 on the rod, mine was great till I busted it.

pcray1231 wrote:
I've never had their waders. But my first rod was a white river brand, and I loved it, at least till I broke it. It truly was a good rod.

x3 on the rod. my 6 wt is a white river. it's a great rod, i love it.

well no matter how many beers ya had you still cant lean on your rod its not a wading staff :-D

^^ yea I know, to early in the morning an to many beers

Back