White flys in Wrightsville.

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Plenty of whitelfys in wrightsville tonight. Mostly riding the water, Weird I know. Not alot in the air. Didn't notice them until wading back across after chasing a few risers. Sailboats all over the water. Meayuns in the lights. Lots of risers out past the first trench. Probably catties. No cruisers yet.

The ledges produces a couple slashes at a popper early. The river is warm and clear.

Years ago in the hayday we used to have get togethers at the boat launch. I don't know if its worth it this year or not and I am out of town this weekend but I am sure there are a few fish to be had.

Haint no bass down river yet I suspect.

I didn't think they would be coming off already I was just out Wed. and still seeing a decent amount of big hexagenia coming off at dark. May have to start back on the river tonight.

Shane,

I saw a handful flying around. And a good number of mayflys about the same size on the water after dark and assuming they were white flys but as I said they rarely ride the surface. They coulda been some other species perhaps but not hexes, not big enough. I shoulda grabbed on or two to check.

Steno of some variety would be my guess

Was at John Wright's a week agO until dark. Walked down to the river. Nada. They must have really come on since then. A boat ramp reunion would be cool.

Those large Ephemerids were all over the trees at Long Level on Monday, obscuring the green color of the trees' leaves in some cases.

Back