White Flies on the Susquehanna

icyguides

icyguides

For anyone who is interested: My parents live along the susquehanna just upstream from wrightsville. My dad says that the white flies started hatching a little over a week ago but last night was the first heavy hatch. He said the hatch came off late, after dark. Too bad there aren't many bass around, lots of catfish though.

Catties on the dry flies...I might have to hit up my buddy who has a yacht down in Wrightsville.

In case you were wondering.....stopped to grab a pizza on my way home from work tonight. YOW. I think they are hatching!!!

Attachments

• 7-25-13.jpg
    7-25-13.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 7-25-13 (1).jpg
    7-25-13 (1).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
How long until these show up on the breeches?

Good LORD! Breeches!? The real question is, how long until they hit the 'Stoga???? Last year it was mid August. Almost there. Better get tyin' some big white foam wulffs.

The amount of flies on the side of the hut could be measured in pounds. They were big uns too. #12-14

krayfish wrote:
The amount of flies on the side of the hut could be measured in pounds. They were big uns too. #12-14

The street lamps along Market Street in Duncannon looked like they were going to get knocked over by the white flies the other day.

I always remember that photo of Bob and Lefty in the boat on Susquehanna and Bob scooped up a bowling ball size wad of bugs in the photo.

Ever dream of catching a 30" catfish on a fly rod? Now's a good time to make that dream come true. What's really funny, not a single one at my house and I'm pretty damn close to the river

Looks like this a little late. I just got a email yesterday that WF hatch had started.

PaulG

I might hit the Wrightsville pool tonight and take my second stab at the catties. Anyone interested PM me.

They were thick under the gas station lights in Marysville last night.

funny white fly story:

while kayaking the susky this summer we were a bit behind schedule and were approaching the hatch, my buddy's wife was complaining about the bugs before they even started....when they came off she was crying because she said they were attacking her, I told her no they were not attacking her just using her as a whore house.

also, I had 3 channels on my fly rod and almost into the boat but lost them all, none landed yet. I was cheating though, using bait.

mutzinbaugh wrote:
funny white fly story:

yeah, meh

while kayaking the susky this summer we were a bit behind schedule and were approaching the hatch, my buddy's wife was complaining about the bugs before they even started....when they came off she was crying because she said they were attacking her, I told her no they were not attacking her just using her as a whore house.

classy

also, I had 3 channels on my fly rod and almost into the boat but lost them all, none landed yet. I was cheating though, using bait.

obvious fail is obvious

Back