Which rod?

Berks

Berks

My budget is small (

Broken record: 7'6" 7/8wt cabela's cgr and a pflueger 1495. add a 7WFF line. enjoy.

Berks, I own a Reddington RS4 and really like it and has received high praise from others. Just my two cents and that's all I've got.

I have a 9 foot 5 wt RS4 and a 9 foot 9 weight RS4. I love them both and find them a pleasure to fish. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the 9.5 foot RS4 for 7 weight.

My 9 foot 6 wt is a Powell TMX and I like it too, just not as much as I like the RS4s.

Great info!! I went with the Redington. Sierra TP had a special running for

3 rods to cover most needs is praised by most people on this board. Not that you need to but fill in the missing gap when you get a chance.

7-8' 3-4wt rod for small streams

9'5wt for general fishing

9' 7-8wt for bass/steelhead/light salt.

I could catch just about any fish in PA and feel comfortable doing so with these 3 rods.

Hey don't knock the Cortland! One of my favorite rods is the Cortland GRF 1000 8' 5 weight that I have. I've used it for 15 years (it was my 2nd rod and a huge step up from the Ballfart special I began on) and I still go for it 8/10 trips.

Sasquatch,
I've got that same model Cortland. I bought it almost 20 years ago for about $50. I've only been fishing with it seriously for the past two years and the thing works. And I won't need therapy if I accidently break the tip off in my car door...

The only reason I'd panic is 'cause I've had the rod for so long now, its got sentimental value for me.

Its definitely a solid rod, especially for the cash! Its the only 8' I have. Never felt I had any reason to dethrone it from its position.

Sasquatch,
I've got that same model Cortland. I bought it almost 20 years ago for about $50. I've only been fishing with it seriously for the past two years and the thing works. And I won't need therapy if I accidently break the tip off in my car door...

Well you have been good doing fishing since 20 years but for your car door you may nee a car accident lawyer to help you out :)

Back