Where to go Next Friday through Sunday?

giggy

giggy

Hey all, I took next Thursday and Friday off to get away by myself and FF. Was going to head to the upper Delaware as I have never been, I live south of Philly in Chester County and am willing to drive more than a few hours. The Upper D. is closed to fishing (new york regs.) anyone has a suggestion where I could go to a cheap motel or hotel and spend a few days on the water...I'm 3 years into FF and learn something new everytime I head out...any suggestions? Penns? Gunpowder...I really have been searching and cannot come up with a good location for next week, in into nymphing, dries, brookies and the big boys too. any guidance very welcome and appreciated.

From where you are, the Gunpowder is probably more of a day trip than a weekend get away. It is fishing reasonably well at the moment, though (although very low) and if you want to someone to show you the stream, drop me a PM.

Maybe you should be looking at the Carlisle area, with Big Spring, the Letort and Yellow Breeches only a few miles apart. You could fish one each day.

I'd also consider the State College area, unless Penn State is playing at home that weekend.

I second the State College area. It gives you the option to hit the Little J, BFC,Spring, and Penns plus others.If Penn State is home, state college is crowded, but the streams around the area are relatively empty.

I'm pretty sure the West Branch of the Delaware is open starting at the PA border and down stream. Check the regs.

All good choices! However, I am afraid that all the areas I want to hit are prob. spawning, and I should rethink my plans!

I am not confident that I would be exhibiting proper etiquette with spawning going on ... called around a few fly shops and everyone is saying "stay away" pretty much...

Back