where to fish

J

jokfly20

I'll be moving to erie pa this summer and I was wondering are their any free places to fish, like parks for instance? I'm coming from cleveland where their are a bunch of metro parks with great ponds. I have been told a lot of the fishing in erie is owned by private individuals and it can be difficult to find spots, how true is this? Also is presque isle open throughout the year and available to the public?

thanks for the help guys-

On the left side of your screen there's a nice link called where to fish. Also Google earth your house and look for local waters.

If you're a Cleveland Browns fan you may not fish in Pennsylvania. In the event you're not, you'll need a PA license. Presque Isle and her many bays and lagoons are accessible and if I was you I'd start there. You'll have plenty of steelhead opportunities come fall.

Make the trip back yo Cleveland for better fishing days when you can... This is being honest

Who hates the Browns? Don't you need to win something to be hated?

The majority of Presque Isle is a state park, so you can access the bay, the lake and some ponds on the peninsula itself. Many of the tributaries to Lake Erie that have steelhead and brown trout runs have public fishing easements secured by the PFBC. Like anywhere in the state some of the water is closed and posted but there is plenty of public access.

Back