where to buy hooks/ beads?

guppieguy

guppieguy

Where do you guys get your hooks/beads? $10 a pop from the fly shop for 50 hooks or one pack of beads is getting pretty old pretty fast.

+1 for Allen Fly Fishing. I really like their barbless nymph hooks.

I order mine directly from a manufacturer now. I have 1000 # 10 and 1000 #12 heavy 2x turned down eye scuds on the way to me. Lots of tying to do.

I'll have to check out that website.... I wasn't sure what to think of other brands besides your fly shop regulars like mustad,tiemco,etc. I wasn't sure if hooks were something you wanted to stick with "name" brands on or not. I juust don't have enough experience to know i guess

I only use Allen on my flies for my business. Never had any complaints.

A lot of the smaller companies out there that sell their own brand of hooks are getting the major companies seconds that don't pass the Quality Control (maybe a small imperfection with the barb or the eye). Never really a big problem. There was a company out there that was getting Tiemco seconds and was using Tiemco's numbers and everything. I am pretty sure he has since changed them to his own numbers.

Like I said I get mine from a manufacturer not a company dealing seconds. I took a picture of a # 10 heavy scud I just got.

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 6
Guppie,

If you're looking for tungsten beads, Riplipsfishing.com sells them at a very good cost.

Back