Where can I buy 9X tippet?

J

joseywales

Too soon???

I've never met a better bunch of guys, so welcoming and helpful. Just trying to add some levity.

I prefer 12x

Just check your shrubs in the summer time and pull out some freshly spun spider webs ;-)

Wait, wasn't that Maurice who wrote that he finds his leader material in the trash cans and parking lots. He's my idol!

I seldom ahve a need for anything smaller than 6X! But I will use 7X during the trico spinner falls.

I know it Chaz!

I was just trying to add levity and let these guys know how unique I believe this forum truly is and how lucky we all are.

If you know me, you are not lucky.

Keeping it simple as most of you know my level of fishing and I like to keep it simple until I get more experience:

For the majority of fishing I would be doing right now (trout with you guys and WW locally for blue gills, rock and SM bass) what is the average length I should try to keep my leader and tippet?

streamer fishing-about 4 feet.
dry fly-?

9-12ft......that is what I use for trout. Smb, bluegills, and WW fish can be shorter. Especially if you are using streamers.

afishinado wrote:
Whydontcha just check Foxy George's trash can....... ;-)

That's right, I was a 9X Tippet-a-holic but I've admitted it and am now on the road to recovery! :hammer:

I showed fox today how easy it is with 7X...

Seriously though, 6x would have been better, for ME. Damn, can I tie a knot with a rod!!

12x with size 45 midges. Oh yeah. Don't sneeze, or your tippet will snap.

You guys are so spoiled-lol
We old goats can remember when sas was right.
8x was 3/8lb wet test.Landed very few bigger than a sardine but at least you got some hits when they were midging.

There you go folks. She was bought 9x tippet at Cabelas. Cabela is big store for fishing equipment AND accessories!

Easy now...make note of the section you are in. Some folks are really new to all of this.

No worries...a new member, first post includes a coupon link and an add for a well known outdoor supplier big box store, I think I'm alright ;-)

spambot.png

Back