When General Motors Knew What The Were Doing

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180080351056

that is amazing you`d think it would have been bass fishing or deer hunting to associate themselves with the outdoors especially in 1964

remember that bass fishing didn't get major till Ray Scott and B.A.S.S. Anyway, in those days when GM had over 50% of the market, a lot of the brass were flyfishers and duck hunters - think about what's available in Michigan, and what was conducive to schmoozing.

The Challenge TU chapter which was literally close to Paul Young's rod shop on 8 Mile Detroit and which had a lot to do with getting Bob Summers on the bamboo map met at one of GM's big advertising agencies in Southfield in the 70's and had the fanciest meeting rooms I could have imagined.

Maybe there is GM stuff on hunting and bassing? Bu somehow I wouldn't think there was a Corvette or Cadillac setup for carp. ;-)

tl
les

I like some of the fly patterns. Makes you wonder what the Challenger, Fairlane, Or VW Bug flies might have looked like. I'm not a car guy so others may be able to expand the array of patterns to other auto makers models.

Back then the execs actually had to show an improved profit or no bonus. These days execs get a bonus even when their company is in the tank (that is other companies) Sort of like our politicians who get their obscene pensions even when convicted of a crime and in the slammer.

I have been looking for those for years and now i missed them...I have all the chevy patterns but no pics how they looked...Darn.... :-( :-(

Back