When are the Fly fishing Shows this Winter?

daman1277

daman1277

Anybody know when and where the fly shows are this fall and winter? I did a search and I know of the Somerset one in Feb. But I remember one being in the fall as well.

The website has the dates listed
Www.flyfishingshow.com

While we rarely edit for content....I changed the title of this thread from a series of question marks to an actual statement that indicates what follows in the thread. It is a courtesy to our readers to provide a title that gives some indication of what the subject is.
Thanks,
Dave W

Nice to see the show coming back to Lancaster. Sure, it's no Somerset, but I didn't think it was a bad show.

I too enjoyed the Lancaster show last year.
I had my eye on a Dave Scadden kick boat for a long time and he was there. So, I went and got a very good deal on the boat I wanted. I also got a chance to talk to a Bass Bug/Deer Hair fly tier that had some good insight on how to tie bugs. I thought vendor assortment was pretty good.

FYI, don't forget the Fly Tying Show on Nov 17-18th in Somerset, NJ.

http://www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com/index.html

I really enjoyed the Lancaster show last year. Getting to meet and chat with folks like Joe Humphreys, Ed Shenk, Mike Heck and Bob Clouser was just cool. I enjoyed the short fly tying sessions with Ed Shenk and Bob Clouser and found them very informative. All around a good show IMO.

Since you're time challenged, I suggest you budget for one or the other, but they're more or less the same thing. The "International Fly Fishing Show" is a much larger spectacle and occupies more floor space and vendors than the latter, and is probably the more interesting of the two.

Well luckily the gf loves going to shows. Since she ties flies as well. Heck she as an Evening Hatch jacket buys fly stuff ties flies. But doesnt fly fish go figure. So will be able to go to all the shows with kid in hand. Well on my back in his pack

fly tying symposium > fly fishing show

more intimate, less crowded, less guide services and gutter cleaning companies harrassing you. for the most part, you still get the same deals as well (which werent that great last year)

Nice to see the show coming back to Lancaster. Sure, it's no Somerset, but I didn't think it was a bad show.

There's a difference or is it run by the same group?

run by the same people, but not as big, still a good show. I plan on being there, had a blast last year, walk around the show a bit, head to the irish pub for a beer, back to the show, back to the beer, etc etc etc! funny, I really started to buy stuff towards the end of the day!

I like your style Biker. If you get a sidecar, I'll ride with you ;-)

If you clowns come to Lancaster, you best be plannin' a fishing trip w/ the Squatch. Glass only!

CLOWNS! ok I can see that. If I ever get out that way, I'll hit you up.

Sas' re"If you clowns come to Lancaster, you best be plannin' a fishing trip w/ the Squatch. Glass only!"

How about boron?

So does the symposium have regular vendors too? Not really looking to buy fly tying stuff. The bamboo aisle sounds kool. I'm looking for gear and such. And yes the deals weren't that great in somerset I found them a lot better in Lancaster.

Sunday February 24th will be the annual PWWTU Cabin Fever show at the Four Points Sheraton in Warrendale, Pa.

Lefty Kreh will be there this year!

(I'll also have a table there this year, more info on that later)

ryguyfi, if you don't mind me asking .. what will your booth be all about?

my girlfriend just booked our room for the lancaster show, right at the marriot where the show is. loved it last year, they raised the price, but not too bad, I think it was 96 bucks a night, and it's a pretty nice place.

Back