Whatcha Throwin’?

Coontail77

Coontail77

What’s everybody throwing the first day? Stream and ecological conditions being applied, what’s on every bodies mind? Tight lines, and see you on the stream!

Unless something presents itself in an obvious way. I am always throwing some form of a bugger first. Always.

What’s everybody throwing the first day? Stream and ecological conditions being applied, what’s on every bodies mind? Tight lines, and see you on the stream!
Ill start Saturday with whatever is rigged up when Friday ends. Ill cycle thru France fly, Walts/ killer bug, pheasant tails, blow torches,and perdigons in various colors.

a small rainbow warrior

Black bugger or gray ghost unless/until I see any sort of bug activity.

Weather depending, and if I feel like driving to a natural trout stream in the morning likely be tying on a good ol' pheasant tail. Otherwise on stocked waters the mop fly is unashamedly making an appearance.

The usual suspects, eggs, worms, PT's, and olive or purple perdigons. I like my flies gaudy in these early days of trout, something to really get the purist's hackles up!

Weather depending, and if I feel like driving to a natural trout stream in the morning likely be tying on a good ol' pheasant tail. Otherwise on stocked waters the mop fly is unashamedly making an appearance.
I don't often use mops for trout but I know that they do work. I like to fish my mops on ponds and fish them like a streamer.

Back