What size Kold Kutter stud for Simms Freestone Lug Wading Boots

tjsingle

tjsingle

Hey all,

I have a pair of Simms Freestone lug sole wading boots. I was looking for some studs to use with them. The Simms studs are pricey for the quantity you get in my opinion. What length Kold Kutter studs work best (3/8" or 1/2"?)

Thanks,
Tom

FWIW.... I just put 3/8" into my Redington boots. The sole measures 3/4" at the forefoot and >1" at the heel. I'd take a measurement of your Simms and see what you come up with.
I have only fished once since putting them in, so I can't speak to the longevity but they seemed to grab just right.

sgrim wrote:
FWIW.... I just put 3/8" into my Redington boots. The sole measures 3/4" at the forefoot and >1" at the heel. I'd take a measurement of your Simms and see what you come up with.
I have only fished once since putting them in, so I can't speak to the longevity but they seemed to grab just right.

Gotcha, makes sense. I’ll measure and see what it comes out to be. I’ve seen others say 3/8” as well.

Thanks

They're cheap buy some of each.

In the past I bought both the 3/8 and 1/2 sizes and planned to put the 1/2 in the heel where the boot is thickest and used the 3/8 where the sole may be too thin. The end result was that I used all 1/2" (on a Simms G3 boot).

I found the 3/8 to be more suitable for an older pair of Simms Riprap wet wading shoe.

Back