What Should I Tie?

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

I'll be fishing for trout in Central PA and in the PA Wilds from Mid-Sep until late Oct. I'll be concentrating on Yellow, Spring, Pine, Little Pine, Slate and Lycoming Creeks, among others.

What should I be tying vis-à-vis nymphs, streamers and wet flies?

What colors and sizes do you recommend?

I am building a box of of ants, beetles, hoppers and even crayfish for my terrestrials in sizes 14 through 10. What's your opinion there?

It's been nothin' but sweatin' & wine drinkin' weather in TX, as usual for summertime. I'm lookin' forward to some cool water and even cooler temps...

check out my hatch chart for pine and surrounding area on my web page

Thank you, Sandfly. That's just what I needed.

Nice website too...

Best regards,

Uncle Shorty

UncleShorty wrote:
I am building a box of of ants, beetles, hoppers and even crayfish for my terrestrials in sizes 14 through 10. What's your opinion there?

Good choices.
Terrestrials are overlooked by many folks in the autumn but have been reliable flies for me. Have some black flying ants in particular and generic beetles are good as well.

Crayfish are also a good choice as many waters that tend to get on the warm side, like Pine, often have great quantities of crayfish in 'em by mid summer and the trout definitely eat lots of them during these months.

Back