What PA writer Used the Pen Name "Cock-Y-Bondu?"

T

troutbert

Looking through PA Anglers from the 1940s and the 1950s I've come across several articles by a writer using the pen name "Cock-Y-Bondu."

The articles are mostly about the limestone streams of the Cumberland Valley, and on smallmouth fishing in the Susquehanna, so it was probably someone from that region.

I thought it might have been Charlie Fox or Vince Marinaro, but they have articles where they are using their real name.

Anybody know?

(BTW the term refers to a rare type of hackle: "Cock-y-bondhu hackle is a red-game hackle with a black centre and black tips." And there is an old wet fly with this name.)

RCFetter wrote:
I just googled "pen name Cock-Y-Bondu" and found a reference saying it was Charlie Fox:

Limestone Legends

Thanks. I did an internet search and didn't find that.

Charlie Fox also had some articles published in the same magazine that used his actual name.

As a test I just did the same google search and did not come up with the same reference. That has happened before.

He must have had a reason for using the pen name. Is there a common denominator in the articles with the pen name? Maybe the magazine did not to have too many articles by the same author.

RCFetter wrote:
As a test I just did the same google search and did not come up with the same reference. That has happened before.

He must have had a reason for using the pen name. Is there a common denominator in the articles with the pen name? Maybe the magazine did not to have too many articles by the same author.

I haven't seen a pattern regarding which articles he used his own name for and which he used the pen name.

Back