What are your moves this week? (May 1th- May 8th, 2024)

H

Halieis Pythag

Lots of streams getting stocked, lots of flys hatching. Comment where your thinkng of going and what your thinking of throwing. (Discussion thread)

Im thinking of checking out the march browns on penns a little closer to the sesquahana

I've got too much work to do from 5/1-5/4 to fish but Im planning on fishing most of next week. The plan is to fish cricks of various sizes in upper Pine , Clarion, Driftwood Branch, First Fork, and Allegheny watersheds.
Ill fish the First Fork most because its within walking distance from my cabin but I have errands that will take me to Galeton, St Mary's, Ridgway,,Bradford, Emporium, and maybe Brockway.Those errands give me an excuse for driving to fish when I can walk.

Last edited:
A lot of little league and hopefully a little fishing. Also, my daughter's birthday party with a houseful of 7 year olds.

Where I am, I feel like the fishing is in a lull. Ice out action on lakes seems over, but a lot of moving water is still cold as hell. I haven't seen a single rise yet.

Over the weekend, the local fly shops all posted the one big fish anyone got saying "things are heating up!" I'm not feeling it yet.

Last edited:
Depending on how much rain we get I may hit a brookie crick, or maybe smallmouth fish a local Susquehanna tributary. I don't know what it is, but I just don't feel it anymore for trout fishing.

I may do like Tom above and just cook something, or take a walk with a camera, but that is pretty dependent on the rain too. A little is fine but downpours ain't good for my cameras. ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I’m heading to Cedar Run for a week of truck camping on Monday. Can’t wait,

Crappie fishing is really heating up. I’ll be out at my favorite lakes chasing them on my next few days off.

i have fished a ton in the month of april. need a small break from trout fishing. walleye fishing opening on may 4th, will probably just do that.

Depending on how much rain we get I may hit a brookie crick, or maybe smallmouth fish a local Susquehanna tributary. I don't know what it is, but I just don't feel it anymore for trout fishing.
I get it. Trout hasn’t done it for me since I was a teenager. Trout are just something to get by with until the real fishing starts, kind of like a pre-game warmup. I’m focusing on stripers this month, which so far has been lackluster at best for me.

Monday or Tuesday I want to hit Brodhead creek or the regular section of McMichaels in Stroudsburg. Great fishing but a little scary with the homeless. Caught my biggest trout to date there. I'm thinking of making a fly that looks like a Bud Lite can or a mini shopping cart, to fit in with the garbage. It's really a shame they don't clean them up. They are both beautiful streams. Especially the gorge area. I'll never forget one time I came around a bend and there were two homeless dudes in nothing but their underwear making out going for a swim. Thank God that's all they were doing. It's always an adventure there.

i might take my stab at fs branch

Fished the upper North Branch of the Potomac several times after work this week. Many rainbows, brooks, and smallmouth. Need water to prolong the stocked trout in Western MD. Hoping the rain helps some brook trout streams I’d like to visit Sunday.

Had some casting practice on the Battenkill today. Fingers crossed I can maybe sneak in an hour or two somewhere on Sunday or Monday.

Back