What are you seeing hatch wise?

Acristickid

Acristickid

Have not gotten out much so far. What are you guys seeing out there?

I saw a few caddis and two rises on a very warm day at Shober's Run near Bedford 2 weeks ago and a few midges on the Loyalhanna Creek.

midges on both the little j and spring, haven't seen olives yet, but should see them soon

Midges, BSF's, Olives and in one case caddis during that warm spell.

I saw a few random olives on the little lehigh.

Black stones, midges and a handful of olives. (Disclaimer: haven't fished since October).

A couple sparse caddis, bwo, and midges.

Pr0digal_son wrote:
Black stoneflies.

Yup. 2 weeks ago in Venago Co.

saw a good hatch of olives on spring last saturday, but it was perfect weather. cloudy, rainy and flat out miserable.

LBS, BWO's #18-20, Gray and Black Midges #20-24.

krayfish2 wrote:
Black stones, midges and a handful of olives. (Disclaimer: haven't fished since October).

I'm sorry you haven't been out lately but that made lol!

The stars aligned for me this afternoon, and I stumbled upon quite a few fish chasing brown stones that were skittering across the water. I rigged up a brown sz14 cdc and elk and did pretty good. There were also a few different sizes and colors of midges out, along with a few of the small black stoneflies.

Midges, midges, midges in SEPA. LBSs love my beard for some reason, but the trout have not found them. Saw BWOs a couple times, even had fish take them one day.

I've seen some sporadic Little Black Stonflies. Been doing pretty well with the midging here in the SE part of the State. Lots of fish feeding on midges, mostly right in the film from what I can tell.

Does anyone else think this is going to be an odd year regarding hatch timing and overlapping? Assuming we get enough rain throughout the Spring and Summer to keep the creeks full.

Black stoneflies here in Lewistown, along with plenty of midges, and a few caddis. Actually did reasonably well during the warm spell last week with a poly wing caddis I tie, and a #22 purple midge pupa as a dropper. I never see trout actually eating stone flies for whatever reason.

Saw some big Olives on Valley today. They were smacking emergers for a solid hour and a half.

Back