Wet Wading sneakers/shoes

greenlander

greenlander

Looking to replace wading sandals that I have with a pair of wet wading sneakers/shoes. Tired of getting stones in the sandals.

I'm considering these Simms sneakers:

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/Riprap_shoe.html

I've tried them on and they are pretty comfortable, I'm just not crazy about the lacing. I like something I can really ratchet down tight, and these cinch laces don't get that way. I'm also minorly concerned about the fact that simms isn't making these stateside.

Any other recommendations on a wading sneaker w/o felt soles? Preferably studdable.

They sell the neoprene booties. Basically just like the booties for waders, without the waders, and with a drain in the bottom. I use those and then regular wading boots over them.

I use these over my stocking foot waders but have used them in my bare feet, and with a wet sock. I have used them heavily for 12 years (for boating and fishing) and I think that I am finally due for a new pair after this year great shoe good grip. NRS workboot

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2338

I thought about a wet wading sock and my current boots, or wet wading boots, but I really want a sneaker ... something light weight. I may pay the price with ankle stability and may end up regretting it, but I think that's the direction I'd like to go for now.

tired of stones in the sandals?
wait till you get them in shoes...

at least in sandals, you can point your toe upstream and the stones wash out the open heel... with shoes, youre stuck with them

look for a lightweight wading boot and get some gravel guard booties

Iv bought from Teva in the past and they make really nice stuff. Im going to get a pair like THIS or something similar for wet wading this year.

Dear greenlander,

I just wear my regular wading shoes with wool socks and a neoprene bootie to wet wade.

If you want something lighter and wear a size 9 or smaller Orvis has their wading sneakers with a neoprene sock on sale for $ 49.00. I don't own them, but they look similar to the Simms and the price seems decent.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=28XA&dir_id=758&group_id=24334&cat_id=24335&subcat_id=24333

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

BrookieBuster101 wrote:
Iv bought from Teva in the past and they make really nice stuff. Im going to get a pair like THIS or something similar for wet wading this year.
I use Keens, for kayak fishing. Similar to Teva's

I just got a pair of crock's that are more like a shoe, and have little holes with screens for drainage, they fit over my wader stockings. there nice and light but a little slick on mud banks but the soft rubber is not bad for larger smooth rocks and boulders. The little screens help keep out about 90% of the stones and grit. There new and I'm not sure what there called, my Wife got them for me..

dann wrote:
I just got a pair of crock's that are more like a shoe, and have little holes with screens for drainage, they fit over my wader stockings. there nice and light but a little slick on mud banks but the soft rubber is not bad for larger smooth rocks and boulders. The little screens help keep out about 90% of the stones and grit. There new and I'm not sure what there called, my Wife got them for me..

Anddd if ya get stranded in the middle of nowhere you can boil and eat em :-D

Regular wading boots, neoprene socks, and a pair of gaiters.

Maybe I've been watching too much Dual survivor but I'm considering wet wading with just my bare feet. I mean if Cody can go barefoot in the everglades/desert/tierra del fuego then our local streams/rivers should be no problem. Who's with me?

staph and sepsis. True, you have to have a complicating factor for this to be serious issue (diabetes, poor circulation for example). You might want to google and check what they are and make sure they don't apply to you.

If you must, I recommend carry some hydrogen peroxide and immediately treating any scrapes, cut that occur.

JasonS wrote:
Maybe I've been watching too much Dual survivor but I'm considering wet wading with just my bare feet. I mean if Cody can go barefoot in the everglades/desert/tierra del fuego then our local streams/rivers should be no problem. Who's with me?

Iv done it before, and its no fun. Especially if there are hellgramites in the water. Anything is better than bare feet.

Edit: Unless you mean THESE ;-)

Back