Wet flies in November?

• Thread starter blackandgold4ever05
  • Start date
blackandgold4ever05

blackandgold4ever05

Does anyone fish wet flies in November? If so, which ones? Local streams are Penns, Big Fishing Creek, and Spring Creek.

Thanks

large and bright work.

What are you calling a wetfly? If you mean the traditional wetfly, then the answer is yes, if you mean softhackle then no.
Bright colors work best like a mickey finn.

I use soft hackles in November and they are very effective. To say that a traditional wet fly would work but a soft hackle wouldn't is pure nonsense.

There may be some october caddis around still. I saw a few out here, so I'd imagine they are still back there in those balmy temps. If that's the case, I'd throw some october caddis wets.

I fish nothing but wet flies throughout the entire season (soft hackles,flymphs,traditional wets). I also fish those same streams your fishing. The flies that I have had pretty good success with in November are a tan caddis #14-#12, olive pheasant tail #14-#12, hare's ear #14-#12.

Thanks guys. I was thinking soft hackles. Sorry, I should have specified. I'm fairly new to wet flies. I mainly fish nymphs, streamers, and dries. I've been tying some soft hackles and was wondering if they would work this time of year. I have seen a couple tiny bwo's and tan caddis coming off. Thanks again!

Back