Western pa blue lining

G

Ghill21

Decided to venture out of the house today with my cousin to explore some western pa streams. Both streams we fished were class a brown trout streams but pickings were slim today. In the first stream we went 1 for about 10-12 hookups. Just couldn’t keep a fish pinned. The stream was beautiful and had some awesome waterfalls. Wild card for the stream was the 50 some sunfish and crappie we caught in the plunge pools. Absolutely bizarre.
In the second stream we landed one brookie and spooked a bunch of trout. Didn’t fish there too long.

Attachments

• IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4151.jpeg
    IMG_4151.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
    IMG_5256.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 110
The only place I’ve seen sunfish and crappie in pools like that was fishing the outflow of Lake Arthur in the 80’s close to where it runs into the Slippery Rock creek. But that stream was not Class A trout.

I had about an hour to get out yesterday after dinner and before a phone call I had to take. Cell reception is tough in NW PA so I had to leave the stream. I had similar luck as you, where I couldn’t keep them on. I only landed 2 very small natives and lost the nice ones. Every pool had trout willing to take and the bigger fish usually gave me 2 chances to hook them. I probably will try it again today since I only fished about 100 yards. As a bonus I saw a bear and when I parked at a pull off to take my phone call a bobcat walked out to the road about 50 yards away and sat down and surveyed for 5 mins then snuck back into the cover (there were quite a few rabbits and 2 moles scooting around in the time I parked there).
IMG 7164

Attachments

• IMG_7160.jpeg
    IMG_7160.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back