West Coast Steelhead

A

addictedangler

In a few years I would like to take a extended summer trip on the west coast and end up in Alaska. I have spent 7 weeks in Alaska but no time in British Columbia north. I am interested in doing some Steelhead fishing in that area. I do not want any expensive lodges that I can not afford but welcome any information on planning my trip. Stream location, motels ,camp grounds and timing are important.

for southern BC in the summer i'd try the Squamish and the chekamus. theres a couple of motels in the Brackendale area.

I was recommended the sunwolf cabins by buddies on speypages dot com.

for northern BC i've been told the Skeena around Terrace is the #1 place to go.

or you could head to Vancouver island and fish the cowichan, Nimpkish or Gold rivers....

I am off to the Queets river in WA later this month, but would like a trip to the Chekamus in summer 2016.

one thing i found that for flights from PHL it is about $400 cheaper to fly direct to Seattle than Vancouver via a stop over.

it adds 90 minutes to your drive but its worth it imho.

Thanks for the info. I am planning on buying a new truck with a self contained camper on it. I like the idea of coming and going as I see fit. I have done this with a somewhat limited time in Colorado and Alaska in the past and really enjoyed it. It is nice going to a motel with other needed esentials as a change of pace. Not sure about my wife. I told her I would buy her a plane ticket and she can visit if she wants. My plans would be to leave end of June returning mid September. Just a plan so who knows if this will happen.

Back