West Branch

570 Flies

Took my flycraft up for the second time this weekend. Had at least 10 fish over 20”. Sulpher dries at night was the ticket.

I was on the West Branch yesterday. Water is still really cold. Very sparse sulphur hatch in the lower gamelands. I was happy to fool two browns. Didn’t see a single boat come through. The main stem was slow the last few days. Not a lot of bug activity. I know there are big fish up there but 10 over 20” in a weekend?

I was on the West Branch yesterday. Water is still really cold. Very sparse sulphur hatch in the lower gamelands. I was happy to fool two browns. Didn’t see a single boat come through. The main stem was slow the last few days. Not a lot of bug activity. I know there are big fish up there but 10 over 20” in a weekend?
Yeah was just straight fire right after dark. Using sz16-18 compara dun sulpher. Now that was over 4 days

Yeah was just straight fire right after dark. Using sz16-18 compara dun sulpher. Now that was over 4 days
Congrats on a great 4 days!

I was in my Flycraft on the bottom of the Lower East on Sunday. The water was super clear and skinny. We found a good Sulphur hatch for about an hour around 7 PM. I did land one really nice rainbow that ran hot and got close to my backing. It hit in a shallow riffle where my presence was covered and it had little time to inspect my fly and drift.

Now, if I'm counting the estimated size of the false risers and steadily rising trout that completely ignored perfectly good drifts that number would be much higher. 🤣

Back