West branch Octoraro creek, again.

hunter1

hunter1

Took a ride to the West branch of Octoraro creek. Nice looking water. Question I have is parking on Puseyville rd parking by the creek. Is that the beginning of the c and r section , and do you work your way upstream. Couldn't fish to good the day I went,wind was howling. But I'm going Sunday. I like working upstream. Thanks all.

No, it starts downstream from there. Wind probably would not have been a factor if you had worked your way upstream from the confluence of Stewart Run. See your prior thread.

Thank you Mike. I was getting confused from where to start. So what your saying I should start near Stewart run. Is ther parking near there. Thanks, The older I get , I worry about where to park my truck.
Mike wrote:
No, it starts downstream from there. Wind probably would not have been a factor if you had worked your way upstream from the confluence of Stewart Run. See your prior thread.

MIke , it looks like I can park and get access from the state park on Wesly rd. That's right near Stewarts run and below the gorge. I'll probably hit there Sundy or definatly Tuesday.Thanks again.

There are not any State Parks on Octorara. You're probably talking about Theodore Parker Natural Area, which falls under the jurisdiction of the county. There's a small lot there, close to where Stewarts dumps into Octorara. And there is a SGL lot on Puseyville Road; that may be the one you are referring to seeing. Or you can park at Black Rock off of 472 and work your way downstream, but if you like fishing upstream, the bottom of the gorge would be your better parking options.

No idea how or when the stream was stocked; there could be lots of fish at one of the bridges and nothing up through the woods. There is some limited natural reproduction in some of the tribs, but not much going on in Octorara proper.

Thanks guys, Your right it's the T.P. natural Area. I'll start there . Thanks again.

Back