Well done Simms

J

JohnPowers

Just got the new boots to replace the ones the soles came off of. Puts them up there with orvis, Patagonia and CF MARTIN.

Which Simms boots are you referring to?

The BOA, near $200.00 ones. Both boots, light use, heel to ball of foot delamination. Much like the orvis failure I had. They need to tell the QA guys in China to use a lot more glue. But, they did replace them.

Other than terrible soles, could you get them to actually tighten down enough around your ankle/foot to provide support? I purchased a pair when they first showed up on the scene thinking they'd be great for winter fishing and avoiding the cold, wet hands from laces. Couldn't ever tighten them enough to safely walk without fear of sprained ankle. Tried to return them and the company and dealer both told me that they just aren't designed to provide support, just be quicker than laces. Threw them away.

No problem there. But I can see where lacing up is going to make for a snugger fit. I’d just as soon they sent me a cheaper lace up model. I really think the adhesive failure is outrageous.

JohnPowers wrote:
Just got the new boots to replace the ones the soles came off of. Puts them up there with orvis, Patagonia and CF MARTIN.

This kind of makes me laugh. So we compare the quality of 3 outdood companies that all offer some fly fishing equipment and then an acoustic guitar manufacturer?

Why not? great service is great service.

Back