Weekend and Bass?

robkonowitch

robkonowitch

Anyone have a recommendation for where in Central PA I can go fish for Bass this weekend?

Wife is letting me head out on Saturday and I want to hunt for some good fun!

There are hundreds of places one can bass fish in central PA. Broadly speaking, I'd stick to mid to larger rivers if water levels are decent after the recent storms. The Susky is really pushing upstate and probably would not be a good choice. The Juniata is currently at mid 5' range which is on the high side but probably fishable. If it were me, I'd avoid creeks for bass until a bit later in summer.
The lakes will probably be getting more pressured by the hard core bass guys however, you might find better water conditions at some of the smaller lakes in state parks that allow only electric motors.

Susquehanna River - Harrisburg

I'm going out bass fishing on the fly this weekend too. Still wondering what to use. I'm thinking popper with a woolly bugger dropper. We are most likely going to Letterkenny Reservoir which is electric powered boat only. Letterkenny is located in Franklin Co.

Got me a nice two pound smallie this last Saturday at Penny Pack Park, It really liked my chartreuse top water popper. Hit it real close to the shoreline and some rocks. I'd say the water depth was about 4".

Back