Water temp at 67F no trout but.

Pauly

Pauly

I cought about 12-14 redbreast sunfish, 4-6 rockbass. I wasn't keeping count.

I was in Perkasie at the east branch perkiomen from the walnut street bridge to a half mile upstream.

I was having fun just catching something when a jittery fellow smoking a cigarette comes up and begins telling me about the 23inch 4pound brown he cought here just this morning. He said he has been throwing power bait out here every day. Then when he fishes he just throws a little with some on his hook.

I like to be friendly most of the time, but sometimes I just wish people would keep stories to themselves.

Don't worry this one much Pauly - may have just been a fish story anyway.
Even if true, those big fish are stocked to be harvested and with temps at 67 this early in the year it's doubtful it would have survived in that stream much longer anyway.

i have noticed that the fish in the streams i have been fishing have moved into the shallow riffles and not the spots i usually get them. hope this helps. a side note i think it is common for guys who fish to add a few inches to the fish they caught. i know i do it without thinking about it. unless he has a tape i would say the fish was 18. :)

Back