Was Turtle Creek near Murrysville stocked this year?

bobbymo

bobbymo

Does anyone in the Murrysville area know if Turtle Creek off of Saunders Station road was stocked this year. I moved here recently and have never fished Turtle Creek. I know there were some water quality concerns in the past so wasn't sure if was going to be stocked or not this year and with the fish commission not posting what waters were stocked I am in the dark. I wanted to take my 5 year old son down but don't want to take him if there are no fish in the stream. Anyone fish this at all yet this year?

Something that might give you a hint would be to check the STW listings toward the rear of the Summary Booklet of Regulations under the county where the stream is located.

Great thinking Mike. Don't know why that didn't occur to me. Turtle creek is listed there so I guess we should be good to go. It will be nice close to home place to get the little guy out for a bit without having to drive too far.

It's on the stocking list, but since the schedule isn't being posted, I'm not certain it happened. It was discolored with AMD a few weeks ago, which has prevented stocking in the past.

In any case, it will be mobbed with walkers on the rails to trail section from Saunders Station Road to Trafford on any good weather day. The last time we were there, the parking lots were full.

Yeah we went on Saturday. No one catching anything. I threw everything in my flybox. No luck. Thinking it wasn’t stocked

It's stocked now. My neighbor's kid went there two days ago and caught 5.

Does anyone know if warm-water fish make their way up Turtle Creek in the summer? Just moved real close to the creek, and wondering if I can throw poppers at bass.

Back