want to buy: cabela TQR 5'6" 4wt

k-bob

k-bob

I'd pay $125 any useable condition. thanks

Why do tiny? Sounds cute but where are you using it I ask out of curiosity.

5'6" would be crazy on big water but I want it to fish very small brookie streams.

Once tried a 6' 2wt from a boat just for the hell of it, wasn't good at all.

But I like to cast in super tight brookie streams, where for me my 8'6" lake rod isn't good either.

Currently use a 6' Elkhorn western 2wt and a 6' cabela PT 4wt on these little streams ... I am looking for spare rods in those 2 models if anyone has one to sell. They are hard to find and I sometimes break stuff.

K-Bob,

I used a 6'9 CGR rod from Cabela's a few years back and had a lot of luck on a small stream, looks like the have a 5'9 3wt for $69.00.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-cgr-fiberglass-fly-rod

Sroach thanks but I like fast action fly rods ... and the cgrs cabela rods are great for the $$$ imho but fiberglass so slower action. .. just not the thing for my choppy casting method:)

I have a bass pro / cabela white river classic 5'6" 3wt that I like but hope one of those old tqr 5'6" rods will be fun given the way I cast...

The old CF TQR's were pretty fast Bob. Too stiff for me...I like a middle of the road med/fast action, but in that sense they'd probably fit what you're looking for well. Don't think they were quite St. Croix Imperial stiff, but getting close to that.

I'll keep an eye out if I see one somewhere. Might be worth checking out ebay once a week or so for listings.

I have a 6' 4wt cabela tqr, very fast, I like it, currently trying for 5' 6" tqr for really small streams. Will watch the ebay stuff but haven't seen a 5'6" tqr lately.

Back