Wallace Run access

salmo

salmo

This weekend I fished some streams in the Centre County area. I fished Wallace Run in the Game Lands off Bush Hollow Road. In years past I hiked down into the ravine where the creek ran and there was a rough path that went from the dirt road to the creek. This year it looks like that path has been closed by cutting most of the trees and bigger brush along the path so that it fell across the path blocking it completely. We had to hike down a feeder stream which turned out to be difficult and dangerous. I felt every one of my 65 years hiking in and out

Does anybody know who and why it was done?

That land is Game Commission property, so you'd have to call the Northcentral regional office and ask them.

Let us know, it would be interesting to hear the reason.

I don't expect you will find that its the game commission doing this. I've seen this before. sometimes its a landowner on or adjacent to the property preventing teenagers easy access to cut down on shenanigans. Other times its yahoos thinking they will keep a fish spot to themselves. It's a real pain. Similar to when someone posts land they don't own.

Back