Wading gear & invasive species question

H

hendeylathe

According to yesterdays Post-Gazette and my most recent Pa. Outdoor News, New Zealand mudsnails are in Centre County's Spring Creek. My question is, along with this (Spring Creek) and rock snot in the Yough and Savage Rivers, how many folks on this board have 2 sets of wading gear if they know they may be going to infected waters. I only fish only Laurel Hill Creek and the Yough but I have separate wading gear for each even if they are in the same watershed. Thoughts anyone?

I am not an expert, but to completly eliminate the transportation of invasive species we would have to have a complete set of equipment i.e.,rods/reels,waders,boots,packs etc for each body of water we fish. If NZ snails are truly here then we have some lazy fishermen. I hope this is not true.

When on extended fishing trips, I've been carrying a 2nd set of waders and boots. I often jump from the streams around state college, to the delaware river and back. And have one set to use exclusively on the Big D.

With the mud snails now confirmed in spring creek, that really complicates things now.
Guess I won't be able to work my way back from the D, to spring creek, then the little j anymore - like I've done many times in the past

Back