Waders under $350

B

bialeckij

I have had a pair of cabelas waders for the past two years and I think it's about time to replace them. I've been looking at the LL Bean Hexil waders. Do you guys have any suggestions? For a good pair under 350?

Redingtons

For me that's a lot of money to spend to get good waders.

I think that anything over $100 and you will get a pair that will last years.

My first set of cabelas dry plus lasted like 9 years, and I'm not easy on gear. They developed a small leak this spring.
I liked them so well I bought another pair this year.

I have Orvis Silver Sonic convertibles. I've had them a few months now and am happy with them. I also have a pair of waist highs from LL Bean. They are a few years old, and have yet to leak. Granted, I try to baby them a bit.

If you can, wait for some sales over the winter. MRFC will probably have Simms or Padagonia waders for around $250.

#2 for orvis silver sonic.

Many places are selling the Simms headwater waders at substantial reductions right now. They list at $350, but I just bought a pair for $250 from the fly shack in NY - with free shipping to boot.
Probably the cheapest you can get a pair of gore tex waders for

Frogg Toggs. I can't say enough good about them. Inexpensive....and the most comfortable and durable waders I've ever had. 5 years now without a leak. I've never had another pair go more than 2 years without staring a leak.

If you can, wait for some sales over the winter. MRFC will probably have Simms or Padagonia waders for around $250.

They already are

Orvis Sonic Pro Guide waders... just got mine in the mail and wow, they feel and fit awesome. Haven't water tested them but time will tell.

I just purchased my first pair of Orvis a few days ago. I got the Sonic Pro Zippered waders on sale for $325.00. They will be a back up to my New Simms G3 waders. I think for that price and being able to unzip them when nature calls is great. Plus Orvis has a good warranty program with their waders.

I have the redington palix river. They run about $150. I've had them for almost 2 years now, fishing at least once a week year round. No leaks and I'm rough on them!

I just ordered a pair of Orvis Silver Sonic zippered waders this morning. They should be here in time to take to the Salmon River and put them to the test.

Hey btw, I have a brand new pair of Redington Sonic Dry's I will sell you for 250.00 shipping or local pickup included. It is the top of the line Redington wader. Retails for 400.00. PM if interested.

Back