Waders for my daughter

J

jayded75

Hi all! My teenage daughter wants to try her hand at fishing... I’m taking a trip from Lorain Co. Ohio to the First Fork this weekend and I need to find her a pair of waders that aren’t going to cost me $250... in other words, waders she may never wear again... Any suggestions? Anywhere I might look between here and there?

Does she need chest waders or will a pair of inexpensive hippers from ****'s Sporting Goods suffice?

I used to be able to find cheap breathables at several local stores... seems like cheap means $150 these days... without boots... Hippers from ****s are my fall back...

LLBean sells kids waders for $119

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/121886?page=kids-angler-superseam-tek-waders-stockingfoot&bc=&feat=waders-SR0&csp=a&attrValue_0=Kelp%20Green&searchTerm=waders

I realize that this is too late if you need them for this weekend, but I figured I would share the info anyway...

Give Sierra Trading Post a look. They have waders as low as $50 right now, but you would have to also buy wading boots too... they do have some bootfoot waders too, but they possibly don’t have the size you may need. I bought Compass brand waders from there as backups and they are a pretty decent set of waders for the money ($60). In fact, I have a buddy who fishes with that same model as his regular everyday waders and he loves them.

Here is a link: Sierra Trading Post waders

Also be sure to check out/sign up for their online coupons. Many things they sell can be purchased at 25% off.

Good luck! And, I hope your daughter enjoys fishing or at the very least, I hope she enjoys spending the time with you!

The only places that I can imagine getting waders in such a short amount of time would be ****’s or Field and Stream.

Back