Wader Repair

• Thread starter SteelheadWhisperer
  • Start date
SteelheadWhisperer

SteelheadWhisperer

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get neoprene stocking foot waders repaired. I seemed to have butchered them bad enough trying to patch the neoprene socks. Is there any place that I can get new ones sewed on? I just can bring myself to get rid of them yet.

No hope in repair.

/sunglasses

I've had my feet replaced on Simm's waders, cost $50 at the time and I've been able to get another 5+ years of ware out of them. I would not hesitate to purchase anther pair.

Are they beyond aquaseal? That stuff is amazing if you havent tried it.

They are beyond aquaseal. They are zip up Hodgmans that I've had for around 5 years and fit perfect. I have other waders but I want to salvage these. CRB, did Simms repair yours? I don't think Hodgman will.

If you fish a lot and got 5 years out of your waders you can't really hope for much more.

Check with Mike's Scuba in Duncanville, Pa. Google puts it 14.65 miles from Portage. Most dive shops can repair neoprene wetsuits.

I tried Mike's Scuba. He unfortunately does not do repairs.

Henestly it's time for a new pair, once waders start to leak it's just a matter of time and your situation sounds much worse. Time to move on from those waders.

Get new waders. Save the old pair and make a bib out of them by cutting off the feet.

Depending on how bad the problem is. Clear (Flex Seal). Turn the waders inside out and hit the area a few times letting it dry between coats. Not breathable but it will not leak. It is one of those products that work as advertised.

Try www.kmedrysuits.com

Back