Wader help!?!?

TroutKilla

TroutKilla

I pretty new to fly fishing and I'm looking for some waders. I tried on some field and stream today and the foot was to small and the waist and chest was way to big. is there anything i can do to get fitted better for waders so i get a smaller chest and bigger foot or anything? Any information will help. I am about 6 foot tall weigh 170 and i got a 32" waist.

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

Assume you're looking for stocking foot waders? They're generally sized S/M/L/XL etc with each successive size getting larger in all dimensions...waist, chest, inseam, foot size, etc. Some manufacturers have tall or stout lines too. The stocking foot booties themselves generally cover a 3 or 4 size range of the most common foot sizes for that height. I agree though, if you have large feet for your height it can be difficult to find a suitable pair. My advice would be to just try a bunch of different brands and lines...odds are you'll find one that works for ya. Make a trip down to Cabelas in Wheeling...even if you choose not to buy there they'll have several manufacturers in stock and several "in house/store brand" lines.

Another suggestion would be to look into bootfoot waders. They're sized by foot size. You still may end up too big in the waist/chest I suppose, but worth a shot maybe.

Edit: Another thought...the top of the waders should have a drawstring/para-cord for tightening them up around the chest...try adjusting that too and using the waist belt.

thanks a bunch. Ill definitely try all of those suggestions. I was going to run over to LL Bean and give those a try and if worse comes to worse ill have to run down to wheeling to cabbalas and give it a try

20% off sale on some of their fishing gear at LL Bean this weekend. Some waders included.

Finding the right size waders for me is always tricky. I'm 6'2" an 150lbs. So need less to say all the waders are way to big in the waist. As long as they are long enough for my legs, I can always make the belt tighter. Good luck in your search.

you need what is called a large/long wader, used to sell them at orvis.

We're about the same except for waist. I fit well into Simms medium/king.
If you do some winter fishing and like to tuck your coat inside the waders, large would give you more room for that.

Here's Simms size chart. http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/sizing_charts/g3_chart.html

I too am 6' Tall 175 and 34" waist. I found that ll bean waders (2 different models) were a bit too short and had to adjust shoulder straps. I have just replaced the ll beans with Redington sonic pros (non zippers) and fit perfect with a size L. Caddis fly shop has them for 229.99 with free fleece pants and free shipping. Caddis Fly Shop

i finally went and got a pair of LL Bean and they fit pretty good. Thanks for all of the suggestions

Back