Wade Fishing Near Pittsburgh for SMB

goose54cdd

goose54cdd

I thought people used to speak of a stream near Pittsburgh that could be waded for SMB. It was a smaller stream, not the Allegheny. Don't want to know hot spots just the name of the stream. Thanks

I thought people used to speak of a stream near Pittsburgh that could be waded for SMB. It was a smaller stream, not the Allegheny. Don't want to know hot spots just the name of the stream. Thanks
Is the Yough in places like Boston, Buena Vista, Sutersville, West Newton, Cedar Creek, or Smithton close enough to Pittsburgh?

Is the Yough in places like Boston, Buena Vista, Sutersville, West Newton, Cedar Creek, or Smithton close enough to Pittsburgh?
I guess, I don't know. I live bet2een Johnstown and Altoona.

French Creek, smallies and some muskies, at least there was back in in the day?
GG

Allegheny at lock 3. Take the pa turnpike or 28 south to Cheswick. Cross the tracks and park by the factory. You can see the dam and a sunken barge on maps. You can wade out to the islands. I went 2x this week and am going tomorrow morning. Don’t tell anyone but I usually use a spinning rod.

Any larger tribs that flow into Ohio, Mon or Allegheny should hold them. Many are polluted, including the above mentioned Chartiers creek, which is flowing orange for most of its course and I’ve caught beautiful fish out of that stream.

Back