Visiting Neshanock Creek and nearby waters next week and could use some advice on flies

H

Hikermick

Last April I had luck with size 12 grannom caddis dries and brown stoneflies and am looking for new patterns. So far I've tied up size 16 tan caddis. Are there any must haves I should be bringing? My many attempts in caddis nymphs have all resulted in failure. I only get to visit your great state a few times a year so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I was trying to search on the mobile app but I kept getting an error message. It told me to hit the refresh button but I couldn't find one.

Hmm, I'm using the mobile app. Good luck! Volant is a cute little place cute.

Last April I had luck with size 12 grannom caddis dries and brown stoneflies and am looking for new patterns. So far I've tied up size 16 tan caddis. Are there any must haves I should be bringing? My many attempts in caddis nymphs have all resulted in failure. I only get to visit your great state a few times a year so any help is greatly appreciated.

Sparkle Pupa in Olive & Tan #14-16
EHC Tan and Olive #14-16
Hare's Ear's #12-16
Copper John's #12-16
Lighting Bug #14-16
Prince Nymph #12-16
Pheasant Tail #14-18
Sucker spawn, Yellow or Pink #14-16

So pretty much any basic nymph or "junk" fly that suites you fancy.

They're stocked fish, there's lots of 'em, and in April their not too picky. If you aren't catching fish on Neshannock in April it probably has more to do with where you are fishing than the fly you are using. Stay out of the shin deep water. Stay out of the frog water.

Sparkle Pupa in Olive & Tan #14-16
EHC Tan and Olive #14-16
Hare's Ear's #12-16
Copper John's #12-16
Lighting Bug #14-16
Prince Nymph #12-16
Pheasant Tail #14-18
Sucker spawn, Yellow or Pink #14-16

So pretty much any basic nymph or "junk" fly that suites you fancy.

They're stocked fish, there's lots of 'em, and in April their not too picky. If you aren't catching fish on Neshannock in April it probably has more to do with where you are fishing than the fly you are using. Stay out of the shin deep water. Stay out of the frog water.
Thank you, that's plenty to keep me busy

Back