Visiting Lycoming County in July - are there any trout left in any streams?

P

PaScoGi

I am visiting first week of July and will have about 2 hours at 6pm each night to fish. I know it is not ideal, but I was hoping to catch a trout or two. I won't have time to drive over to state college to hit the spring creeks. Will be near Williamsport. I know the susquehanna is right there but I am not a bass guy.

Are there any spring fed streams in Lycoming County? Or, do any of the stocked streams hold trout into the summer?

Not looking for secret spots. In fact, I would prefer easy access right off the road since I don't have much time each night to fish (Its a long story)

Thanks for any suggestions, even if the answer is there are no trout left that time of year.

All of my Lycoming County fishing has been about half an hour or more from Williamsport. I doubt that you will find much stocked trout water near Williamsport that still has trout in July.

I think you'd have better luck looking for some small wild trout streams. Crossing the river to the south may be the closest such streams. I've never fished them so don't know what access is like.

Checkout the delayed harvest section on Lycoming Creek if we get some more rain and aren't in a heat wave.

Back