Vise Light

troutpoop

troutpoop

Does anyone use a vise light or do you just depend on the ambient lighting and ceiling lights etc.
The tying lights are really expensive! Any alternatives to offer?

I use an old incandescent (sp) light with an adjustable neck. Works well for me, need all the light my old eyes can get.

I use one called Daylight it's got a magnifyer on it as well which is nice. It's the ottlights competition. Got at sumerset when they first came out.

I use this, best price I have seen for an Ottlite and rechargeable so it is portable.

Ottlite at Lowes

This is the one I use and love it. Not just because it's $11.99

Attachments

• U-1201.jpg
    U-1201.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 6
I received a Girrafe light and magnifier combo for Christmas many years ago. I've been very happy with the set up and find the magnifier gets more use as i these days. The lamp has a tendancy to get hot so I've replaced the bulb with an LED which solved the problem.

Check out AC Moore or Michaels. That's where I got mine.

Cabelas has a magnifier/lite on sale for 14.99

I got a light at the Lancaster show from a company called Qualifly. It is a bit pricey but it is the best on the market as far as I am concerned. It can be mounted to your vise stem, table edge or use the heavy base to set on the desk top. It comes with a good size magnifying lens and has a switch to turn it off unlike the McKenzie. The light is LED day light so there is no heat or glare.

i use one just like the picture above and it works out good enough for me. It just clamps right on to the table and works great. if you would like a picture i can post one just let me know. I don't have a price for it cause it was just handed down

Back