Vintage style fly box

C

chumbucket

Not sure if Ill explain this good enough but I see fisherman occasionally have them..Anyone know of the vintage wooden style fly boxes you can wear around your neck onto your chest? Seems to almost look like a wooden block and has multiple large compartments. Anyone know of the brand/model and where I can get one?

Not sure if you are thinking of these, but if I were in the market for one... this would be the one I bought.
http://www.chestflybox.com/
Mike B

Yep, thats it. Thank you!

chumbucket wrote:
...Anyone know of the vintage wooden style fly boxes you can wear around your neck onto your chest? Seems to almost look like a wooden block and has multiple large compartments...
As good a description as I have heard from the uninitiated.

I once had someone ask me as I was standing in the middle of a creek if my Richardson box was a "concertina."

If you go the chest box route, follow Skeet6's advice and accept no substitutes. While there have been other boxes out there, every other company went out of business.

Must be dangerous. My company has the site on it's restricted list of weapons and subversive politics sites.

I was fishing in Maryland once and a guy asked me "You're from central PA right?" and I said "why do you ask?" - he replied " you guys are born with those things growing out of your chest".

Other than when I am using a shoulder bag small stream fishing, my Richardson box is "growing" from my chest too.

Despite an nice collection of Wheatley boxes that go back to my earliest days fly fishing, I could never imagine going back to a vest and pockets full of fly boxes.

I get the “you must be from PA” line all the time. I’ve had mine since 1973 and cannot imagine being on the water without it. Well, there was that one time I slipped while jumping up onto up a tall stone wall and hit chest first.

kbobb wrote:
I was fishing in Maryland once and a guy asked me "You're from central PA right?" and I said "why do you ask?" - he replied " you guys are born with those things growing out of your chest".
That's funny. While fishing a meadow stream in the Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado several years ago I had a similar experience although I was wearing one of my Down's Chest Boxes instead of my Richardson at the time.

Back