Video of Trout Streams: drones

S

Sylvaneous

I wonder how long it will be until some ambitious people make a video flyo
Ing up trout streams. You would have to hike up it because it won't transmit far in a stream valley. I think it would be really cool to see a stream that I know from the air in a more or less continuous sweep from end to end. It might also spread some pressure if people know what the water looks like in a more distant location.

Not full on fly overs or fly "downs", necessarily ... but expect a lot more fly fishing drone videos coming your way next year thanks to Lily.

http://www.hatchmag.com/blog/lily-camera-your-new-fishing-buddy/7712476

It's the end of the world as we know it. :cool:

JackM wrote:

It just might be, Jack. Can you imagine trying to fish a stream but repeatedly running into anglers with drones following them around, waiting to grab your backcast?

The selfie generation isn't going to be able to resist this one.

Someone posted one on here a while back. Of Kettle Creek I think.

I'm waiting for someone to tie a wooly bugger a drone.

Yes, should be the next step in the evolution of trout fishing. Or, how about a Green Drake drone?

Jack I never said it was a good idea. Just that it's bound to happen. A big enough trout might transform a drone into a submarine.

Well, I see no reason there cannot be a drone submarine. That would be just as interesting for the fly angler anyway.

Empty the 45 rounds and throw a few 410s in there

JackM wrote:
Every day is the end of the world as we know it. People, society, technology, and life are ever evolving.

csoult wrote:
JackM wrote:
Every day is the end of the world as we know it. People, society, technology, and life are ever evolving.

Yep, and kids walk on lawns.

When cell phone technology was more emerging and less ubiquitous, I remember thinking about the possibility of catching a fish, taking its picture and e-mailing it or posting it on a website. It was before Facebook, I believe. I was on the Madison with my friend who lives out in that area. I don't remember what exactly sparked my thought, but I remember having it vividly then and there. It may have arose from the cell towers disguised as pine trees in the Madison valley. Anyone could know my fishing success as it immediately happened. Horay for me, right? Well, self-congratulatory back-patting is a significant part of the human condition. I remember thinking such a thing would be amazing, and cheesy all at once. And I'm not opposed to a little cheese. So this is much of the same thing, but a little more physically invasive if you are there. Having a continuous and complete low elevation video of a trout stream would be not only interesting but also useful.

Jack:
Well, I see no reason there cannot be a drone submarine. That would be just as interesting for the fly angler anyway.

ha, just saw this the other day:

http://www.popsci.com/new-remote-control-submarine-turns-gopro-aquanaut

Kettle Creek drone footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l--oEdMJ00

yep thats my gopro footage with my dji phantom... i didnt hurt anyone or anything that day... i have no issues with people wanting to fly these things on streams away from the general public.. all of the people that were fishing that stretch in the video are all friends of mine and encouraged me to fly it..

if there was anyone else there other than a friend i wouldnt have even brought it out. no question.

its a liability and can make you some very unhappy anglers beside you. plus not everyone wants video'd lol

theres a time and place for it. Oh, and to the poster at the top saying youd have to walk with it because of a transmission issue, i wish you were right.. but with the fat shark FPV transmitter you can go almost a mile with very little signal.. (which is silly)

anywho.. its good for some things, but not an every day practical fishing necessity

Anyone see the video of the fire? The firefighters were spraying it to get it out of there.
All kinds of legal crap about that.

That's about the time I start carrying.

Back