Very pleased with Redington

Wildfish

Wildfish

In the name of credit where credit is due, I recently had a very positive experience with Redington that I thought worthy of sharing.

My CPX waders were beginning to develop a hole in the heel of one foot. This was probably my fault since my boots were probably rubbing. I told the rep, and she said to send them back anyway rather than risk a leak. There was also some wear in the seam covers on the neoprene that needed to be looked at.

I didn't have my receipt, but she said not to worry. The warranty is only 1 year now (which is too bad) but the CPX was 2 years. I mailed them back with a check for $30 and a note saying 1) I needed them back asap for a trip and 2) the waders were a little big, so if they happened to send me a new pair could they send the medium talls?

The result: they FedExed a new pair of sonic pros in the new size the same day they received mine. No questions asked, a brand new pair, in the box, with all the tags. The reps I spoke to were friendly, super helpful, and followed up with everything. Pretty outstanding stuff.

Thats the way all customer service should be. They would rather send you something new then have there name slandered on the stream. Good for them and good for you.

That is awesome. I have had some great customer service from fly fishing companies. The best was with Nautilus reels. I bought a FW 5 for a trip coming up, and when the reel came in, the spool was a little loose. I wasnt really concerned about it but the shop owner was and sent it back. I was leaving the next day so I had to buy a different reel (a lamson). When I returned from the trip the shop called me and told me to come in. When I went in he handed me a FW 5 with my name engraved on it (the spool fit perfectly) and said that Nautilus felt terrible about the situation and gave me the reel for free. Pretty cool of them.

Back