Very newbie saying hello

nepatitan

nepatitan

Hey all!
Total newbie to fly fishing. Just wanted to say hello.
Saltwater fished quite a bit when I was younger then life hit lol and it slowed down.
Moved to the Poconos about 11 years ago and have loved fishing, though a lot of the lakes around here get fished out quick.
I've loved the idea of fly fishing for quite some time. Last year I ended up buying a kit from Dunklebegers , was going to go to the casting lessons but family came up that weekend. I did't end up fly fishing at all last year but did practice in my back yard quite a bit.
Its getting warmer out now and have been very excited to get outside and practice again.

Welcome, I know what you mean about life getting in the way. I got back into it last year after being away for a long time. Plenty of places to fly fish in the Poconos

Love the places to fish up here. We fished a lot at hidden lake and snow hill dam but they get fished out early in the season. Wish I could fish on the Delaware as we live about 8 minutes from it.

Welcome to our online community nepatitan, glad to have you join our discussion. This forum community is a nice mix of newbies and old hands. This Beginner's Forum is the place to ask basic introductory questions about fly fishing (FFing). If you haven't already done so, take some time to scroll through the topic threads and see what beginners are asking.

Oftentimes, new FFers post threads seeking information about what streams to fish. These threads often don't draw as many replies, especially if the stream in question is not well known and flies under the radar. Folks are just tight lipped about local streams and ponds. There's a lot more discussion about big, well known waters such as the Delaware River. The "Where to Fly Fish" link on the upper right side of this page is a good palce to start.

If you're looking for places to fish, scroll through the Fly Fishing Locations thread and the Stream Reports as well as there is a lot of info on places to fish and you can use the Advanced Search box at the bottom of this page to read about specific streams or counties (please don't refresh old threads, just read 'em).

In the meantime, any questions you have about the sport, ask away....

Best,
Dave

Thanks so much for the help :)

Back